Creating such networks should not be limited to your professional lives. If you have a passion, you can follow it on the web too. The resources on the web are in abundance for parents, students, teachers, and admin in a variety of formats. Through your PLN, you can access expert advice, find inspiration and learn about best practices.
Resources to Begin Creating Your PLN
- A Quick Start Guide In an effort to create your own PLN this is a great place to get started. A principal posted this blog two years ago, but offers great insight into exposing yourself to the variety formats you can create a PLN.
- The Educator's PLN Become a member for free, and find a group of educators discussing a variety of topics. Explore the menu bar just below the webpage banner to get started.
- Wikis are a place to contribute, edit, and curate great resources. This website provides a great introduction in a wiki format.
- Tweeting for Schools This blog provides perspective on how twitter might be used by a school. Following this you may be interested in a blog that introduces how to set-up a school account.
- Educational Hashtags (#) this is a great list that people include in their tweets to help direct it to the correct audience.
- Google Doc Conversation on Twitter read, edit, collaborate...at the end of the day our world is connected like never before in the history!
- Classroom 2.0 the presenter, Steve Hargadon, who inspired me to explore this concept at more length and share it with our staff created this great website that will also help you.